MATES IN BOWLS
If you are interested in joining a summer bowls league, contact us or check out your local club for what they have on offer. Most clubs run a form of business house or social bowls during the week over summer.
“Mates In Bowls” or “MIB” is the national brand behind casual bowls. The concept is to attract a target market of 20-45 year olds to a fun, ‘after work’ session of casual bowls, over a 4-6 week series.
What makes MIB different from other casual bowls programmes is that MIB is for new participants to the sport. The rules are relaxed and the emphasis is on having fun and that means for your club volunteers as well!
BENEFITS FOR YOUR CLUB
1. Generate another revenue stream and improve cash flow
2. Increase bar and refreshments revenue
3. Increase casual participation at your club
4. Increase the number of next generation participants with a product that attracts 25-50 year olds to the club and the sport of bowls
5. Increase awareness of your club in the community. Generate a register of people within your community you can market to directly
6. Leverage off national economies of scale by achieving better efficiencies in advertising, printing and promotional costs
7. Free marketing and promotional assistance from Bowls NZ
8. Increase utilisation of your club’s facilities
9. Galvanise your volunteers
10. Have some fun with new people!
Mates in Bowls can help secure your club’s future. To sign up for Mates in Bowls, contact your Paul Cavanagh.
BOWLS NZ OBJECTIVES
Increase participation in the sport of bowls.
Collect names and contact details of casual participants to assist accurate reporting of numbers.
Build database of casual participants to enable regular communication with them on events that may be of interest to a potential market.
Create a national brand to attract potential sponsors.
Bowls NZ suggest a player per night fee ranging from $7 to $10 depending on local circumstances (including the player marketing and promotional fee). This compares favorably with other sports and recreational activities – e.g., yoga from $15 per session, dance classes from $10 per session, movies $16, coffee $4.50, ten-pin bowling $8 -$22 per session (depending on the day), indoor netball $51 per team per session.
The national administration, marketing and promotional fee ($1.75 per player/night) will be placed into an account that will be used solely to create, develop, promote and market MiB during the season and for the following year. We need to support this national brand/product and increase participation in the sport of bowls.